Friday, October 11, 2013

Sunshine, Sweaters and The Usual Friday Traffic

It's a sunshiny day here, with intermittent cloud breaks. Just chilly enough for a sweater, but not enough for a full duty heavy duty hoodie. In other words, a perfect day. Except for:

The usual Friday traffic around here. I don't understand it. I have never understood it, nor will I ever get it. Monday through Thursday, traffic is normal. Heavier during rush hours and at noon, but normal outside those three periods. Except on Friday. For some reason, unknown to the laws of physics, it's bumper to bumper the whole day.

Is it a case of a really huge amount of people work a four day work week around here? Or for some odd reason a lot of people come here only on Friday? It's weird. I know the traffic lights don't have a Friday schedule. The roads don't narrow on Fridays. I really try to avoid leaving the house on Fridays because I know it's going to be an extra long trip and my traffic mouth will kick into high gear.

On the brighter side, it's the WEEKEND!!! Tomorrow is Ingress day. I'm going out to play for a good portion of the day. Then do some serious fall house cleaning. I want to air the house once more before the chilly weather really sets in. Clean the carpets and curtains and get the house winter proofed. I need to get the sewing machine set up so that I can make new curtains for the bedroom and some for the living room. It's time to put the summer stuff away. Booo...I liked my blue theme that I had going on, but winter needs a darker theme.

I know, it sounds strange that my house has seasonal wear. My grandmother had summer stuff and winter stuff. The summer stuff was lighter fabrics, colors and washable rugs. Winter was thicker fabrics, more snuggle fabrics and thicker rugs for the floor. Might just all be a psychological thing, but I swear it does work. Slowly, I'm developing the summer/winter thing. I've always had a summer arrangement and a winter arrangement for furniture, guess it's times for the textiles to join in.

I decided to go with Scrivener for my Nano Novel this year. I was going to use Yarny..but it ate my research snippets which freaked me out. In Yarny's defense, they did reappear after about four hours, but I don't think my heart could take it if that happened during Nano! I would panic like someone living in the path of an exploding volcano! I need my stuff to be here at all times. Noooo freakouts need apply.

I'm also hunting up a rug for my dining room. It just needs that little something extra to make it better. Yeah, rugs fix everything in my book *laughs*. I'm all about layering under my feet. Plus the dog likes it. And the cats.

Oh well, back to work...I have a project due at end of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment