Saturday, November 23, 2013

It's almost the Holiday season!

No matter what the retailers want me to think, I know that the holiday season does not officially start until the day AFTER Thanksgiving. So therefore, I simply refuse to feed into the hype. I will on Friday, I swear.

I discovered a new author, Dannika Dark . I started with the first novel in her new series, The Seven Series. I totally fell in love with her characters. It wasn't love at first sight, more like love from about halfway through. Naturally, I had to go get the rest of her books which is another series she has been writing. She truly spins a good story and her imagination is fantastic.

My living room is coming together, slowly but surely. I just need to change out the curtains to a winter red. Red is my winter theme, while blue seems to be summer. While neither is exclusive, each color is the major accessory color. I'm just going to live with the fact that my living room is eclectic and never going to be House Beautiful material. No matter how hard I try, it's never going to make that list. Oh well, comfy is not a bad thing.

I spent a good three hours today organizing my music. I had no idea I had so much of it, but I guess I've been collecting music for long enough that's it's a collection now. I did get smart and have it backed up in not one but two places. PC/external hard drive and a large SD card. Oh wait, four..I forgot the cloud server. If you have ever had a crash and burn happen, you become OCD about backing up stuff.

Also gave the cats a bath again today. You would think by the fourth time around, they would both realize they are a: not drowning, b: not dying, c: not giving up one of their nine lives or d: handing over a first born kitten. Sheesh, the amount of howling, hissing, growling and dirty looks is worthy of an oscar. Five minutes after though, they both want cuddles to help them get over the trauma of it all. Nothing like a damp cat on your lap to make your Saturday!

I saw Thor finally yesterday. OMG! The Marvel team just knocks these productions out of the park. The casting, the storylines, the costumes, the sets are all just spot on. I admit, I have yet to read one of the marvel comic books. I know, shame on me. I'm more of a movie production kind of marvel fan. *laughs*

One thing that I hate about the cinema, which I rarely go to, is the previews. Not that I mind the previews for what they are, it's just that they make me want to see a million other things.  One the list: Polar Bears and Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. Both were worthy of "cinema ticket" and not just "dvd". Yep, that's how I rate a movie. If I'm willing to pay 8 to 10.50 to sit in a cinema with usually rude people, you know I think it's going to be fantastic. Although yesterday, there were exactly six people in the cinema for Thor. It was midday on a Friday..I must remember that!  It was a really nice experience, to be honest. I skipped the mortgage required snack bar. Not in my wildest dreams would I pay 5.00 for a coke unless it came with whiskey, vodka or some other alcohol involved.  Nope, I just went for the movie and I totally enjoyed it.

I also managed three days of the week at the gym! Go me. I know, it's such a tiny accomplishment to most people, but to me, it rocked. I want to go again today. That bullshit of "once you start, you will like it" is true. Damn it. The first five minutes suck ass, but once you get your tunes going and a rhythm, it's actually pretty cool. My thing is I get so bored. I was counting suv's that drove by. I counted 172 in five minutes. Apparently Oregon is not quite on the "more miles per gallon is better" thing.   I'm hoping to go again today or tomorrow.

And now, it's off to tackle housework, I do the heavy cleaning on Saturdays. In my house that means, emptying the dishwasher, hoovering and laundry. It's soooo strenuous. Might bake today as well, depends.

No comments:

Post a Comment