Monday, November 25, 2013

Sunshine, Sweaters and Coffee

It's a picture perfect day here. Warm enough just for a light sweater and sunglasses and sipping your coffee outside in the sunshine. Yeah, it's really weird, usually it's rainy, grey and at least cool enough for a good thick hoodie.

I'm still knitting on the log cabin quilt. It's a slow knit because I haven't been watching as much tv lately. I'm going to settle down with it and knit tonight. I also have two gifts to knit for xmas this year. Luckily, they are easily knit, just need the yarn. Both are in a bulky yarn, so they should make up rather quickly. Gotta love the bulky stuff for quickie knits.

Coffee love today was a tall salted caramel white mocha. I've switched to a tall, it's cheaper and way less calories. Once I looked at the calorie count on what I "was" drinking, I about had a heart attack. Damn! Speaking of that, Burger King and I are officially divorced. That relationship just isn't a healthy one. Well it was healthy on their end, they got my cash. Was NOT healthy on my end, I really don't want to discuss the calorie count on their stuff. "shudders"

I'm also embarking on a new quest. I'm going to learn GIMP. I've been flirting with it for a year or so, but now I'm really going to give it a concerned effort. Photoshop has just gotten ridiculous with it's pricing. I hate the monthly fee they have switched to. I want to own my software, not rent it. I still have my old Photoshop CS2 that I can fall back on if need be, but I'm determined to go it with GIMP this time around.  It's a HUGE ASS learning curve, but it needs to be done. Thank god for deviant art and the nine million tutorials they have.

I'm also considering switching my laptop to linux. I really don't use it that much and want to have linux product in the house again. I need to refresh my coding, I've gotten so damn lazy with it. shame on me.

Also loving the new 4.3 update for the S3. I doubt I will be using the google gear, but it's nice to have the option. I have to say, I really do love Android the best. Not that IOS is not good, the iphone is a remarkable product. I just love the fact I can tweak and android to my tastes.  After all IOS has Catacademy, the only way to learn spanish! *laughs*




No comments:

Post a Comment