Saturday, March 16, 2013

Knitting in my sleep.

I think I fell asleep knitting today? Or I was knitting while I was sleeping? Either way it was a surreal day.  Admittedly, it was just surreal.

I started off by chatting with @Rilana. Then found out that the local Girl Scouts got gypped. Some girl called in and pretended to be her mother, who is some local business woman. She ordered $24,000 in girl scout cookies (the daughter pretending to be the mother). When the order came in, she was called and naturally she had no clue, then when she was told, she said "I didn't think it was that big of a deal". What a bitch!  It's the GIRL SCOUTS!!!!

Well, the story hit the news and my guilt got played. I used to be a girl scout *sighs*. So off I went, thinking no one would be there. Holy crap was I wrong. The news was there, there was a line of people, it was unbelievable the way the community rallied for those poor kids.

They sold 3,000 boxes of cookies and had to turn people away to come back. Many people in line said they could probably sell more cookies if they set up a store or something. I had to explain it's not just about the money. Selling girl scout cookies is some girls first exposure to business and handling money. It's their first real "outside their family" responsibility.  It's not just about the cookies.

So, I bought cookies. Not like I didn't buy girl scout cookies from my friend..they will be arriving on Tuesday via UPS. Her daughter is in Detroit.  Can't say I do not support the Girl Scouts.

Then there was the moving stuff and purging that I mentioned earlier today. It's hard tossing stuff out. It's physically tiring to be honest. I have donating all of the books and games though. Goodwill is just around the corner from me!

I'm off to bed before I fall asleep sitting here typing. God know what I would type.

No comments:

Post a Comment