Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday is always an interesting day

It was an eventful day. I officially become a professional graphics designer that is also a business owner. I’ve been in a daze as I wasn’t aware I had finally grown up?  But, yeah…reality rolled into my life today. It’s kind of cool, kind of shocking and a lot scary.  How did I celebrate…I took a five hour nap! Yeah, I’m just a party animal these days!

Knitting was accomplished today. I’m almost through a band of knit/purls. There are 18 rows of knit 4/purl 4 in different combinations. Irritating to keep switching back and forth between knitting and purling. This is why I rarely do a moss stitch (knit/purl). But, the skirt is zooming along, at least by my standards. I try to knit at least an hour daily on it. Thin yarn/smaller needles=A HELLA LOT OF KNITTING!

I forgot to cook dinner, but hit up Applebees. Had the bourbon chicken/shrimp sizzling thing. Note to self/anyone: yeah, that plate is fucking hot!  Had the blonde brownie thing…OH DEAR BLESSED GODS ABOVE! It was like sin in a spoon! So came home and found the copy cat recipe. I had to..it was THAT GOOD.

Serves: 4 (or 1 if your really hungry!)
Ready In: Under 60 minutes

Ingredients:
Dough
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour, sifted
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (or more if desired)
1/3 cup butter or margarine (melted)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1  egg, beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Dough
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Add baking powder, baking soda and salt to the already sifted flour. Then sift dry ingredients again.
Add chopped nuts and mix well. Set aside.

Add brown sugar to melted butter and mix well. Then add egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
Add flour mixture, a little at a time, until mixed well.
Stir in white chocolate chips. Spread out dough in a 9-inch pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Use a toothpick or fork to test if it is cooked in the center.
Serve warm with ice cream

http://www.recipesecrets.net/blog/recipes/copycat-applebees-walnut-blondie-with-maple-butter-sauce/

Then to top the sin on a spoon…I discovered a new music service. it’s called Piki It totally rocks. You simply pick a few songs, then it streams in music suggested by other users based on your picks. It’s kind of a “discover music” service. I’m really picky about music. I’ve stuck with Pandora for years now. I love that thing. Works on my surround sound through my Tivo. Streams in my car, on my phone, on my tablet, on my computer. This is giving it a run for it’s money.  If I can stream Piki through my apple mirror play…it’s a done deal.

This will come in handy when creating. I will freely admit, I can code/design/create better if I have music with a heavy beat going on around me. I totally learned C++ listening to Godsmack, Pantera, Mudd, etc. I have NO idea why? If I’m not creating, I will literally listen to rain storms or soft stuff like that. Okay, I have a few 80’s nights here and there when I want good dance music. Piki, though…totally have a music crush on it right now.

So overall, it was a very mixed kind of day. Music, yarn, major life step, great food…yeah..think it was an all inclusive day. Oh…I forgot…great friends and good wine. Oh and cats. Oh and a dog. Yeah..see…MAJORLY EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment