Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fall/Bake-both have four letters!

I've been blog surfing and an amazing thing has happened. The baking season is upon us. All over the blogosphere people are talking about baking and sharing recipes.  And here, I thought it was just me?

I've baked two batches of biscuits in the last two days. I like to start small and work my way up to the more complicated things. However, I'm really wanting to bake cookies and a cake now!  And I vow by all that is holy...I will master pie crust this fall/winter!  It truly can't be that complicated, right? Well..based on my attempts..it's is complicated. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Prior to the baking season, I have cleaned my kitchen to an inch of it's life. The counters are clear, the drawers thinned out. I think I'm ready to roll.



Plenty of workspace, that's the key. The table is right next to the counter for setting things to cool off on and such. I do have to admit, I have a good amount of counter space to work with. 

My fave biscuit recipe: 2 cups of self-rising flour and 1 cup heavy whipping cream.  Yep, that's it. Two ingredients makes it super easy to whip up. You roll it out, cut them out and back for 10 minutes in a 450 degree oven.  If it was any easier they would come out of a can!

No comments:

Post a Comment