Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sewing, Coffee and a million other little things.

I truly am an Aquarius. I have a million projects going and can seem to get to none of them. I am going to scrounge up all the thread I have. Trust me, right now, it's in a million different place around the house. Once that's done, I'm going to sit down and make the duvet cover for the bed.

I have a grand scheme in mind for the bedroom. However, it involves A HELL OF A LOT of purging and going through stuff. That's my downfall...I'm horrible at sitting and sticking to one task. I admit it, I need to seek a support group for scattered people.  But, that should not stop me from making curtains, duvet cover and pillow shams. That can be done with the bedroom in the current configuration. Annd, install the lamps I purchased almost a week ago now! See! I get distracted so very easily.

Today, I'm going to park my butt on the floor and make the king size comforter. Yes, I am making one. That thread and needle I have readily handy-no hunting involved.

Besides my self proclaimed scatteredness, I got all my homework done. Just in time for the new round to be let loose tomorrow. -sighs- While I love learning and am in an occupation that demands a lifetime of learning, it gets old after a bit.  I'm also in the mood for cinnamon buns and a loaf of bread. Must be the weather?

We are having another round of storms coming through. It's chilly, rather wet and blustery outside. Perfect day to stay INSIDE. It's even #NationalCoffeeDay, so I'm loving on my fancy schmancy espresso maker today. Although I swear it's #TeaSeason.

Other than that, there will be knitting going on as always. I want to finish the scarf I'm working on. I lost my other fave one and loved the yarn this one will be made of. Then I want to knit on a blanket I've been working on. Gonna need it. The Beaver blanket can't suffice for every occasion, now can it? See-that reminded me. I have some knitted pillow covers that I need backs for. Hello, same fabric from duvet can work for those! Yes! There is a method to the madness that I call a mind, I swear there is.

Remember all those socks I knitted? They are coming in handy now. Tis time. I love handknitted socks for running around the house in. They are house slippers that hug your tootsies.

As for now...the main project is hoovering/mopping/baking. Just need good music for that. I am music-ly motivated. I'm lucky that my computer is near the kitchen, I <3 on my Google Music Player.

Peek of the scarf:

I love the colors! It's a very simple yarn: Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable in Dragonfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment