Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Extended Weekend!!!

Yeah, today is a "bank" holiday. In the US we refer to it as Labor Day. It's a nice long weekend, sort of a last hoorah for summer before school and fall hit.  Me, I'm glad summer is winding down. While we were blessed with a relatively cool summer,  a lot of people were not.  It will be nice to have cooler/cold weather back. I'm sorry...I'm just a cold weather kind of person. Must be genetic, after all my ancestors hailed from the far cold northern areas! *laughs*

Today they announced that Charlie Hunnam will be portraying that Grey dude in Fifty Shades. While I deplore the book on so many levels, I love his acting abilities. Now I'm totally torn, will I watch it? Probably, but not for awhile. It will have to be on dvd and be on sale. The only reason I would watch the damn thing is cause he's in it.

The red top down sweater is coming along nicely. I'm on the never ending increase section of the yoke. I swear the entire body of the sweater knits up faster than this damned yoke. Still it's my absolute fave pattern for sweaters. No seaming, no calculations...just pure knitting. I love the fact you can knit the sleeves and just use the Kitchener stitch to attach them to the sweater. Easy..and yes, still NO SEAMS! Life is good.

I have homework out the wazoo today/tonight. I slacked off all weekend and now it's time to pay the piper, so to speak. But for now..I'm fixing more coffee and eyeing that sweater.  Knitting is calling to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment